Light Science & Magic (LSM)
Anil Fernandes & Debi Sen Gupta present Light, Science & Magic – a workshop on using the external flash & post processing studio images with LR4.
If you are planning to buy an external flash or if you have one but are not happy with the results then this is the workshop for you. We will help you choose the right gear, understand the basics of using the flash, explain grammar of light in simple every day terms and then show you how to process your pictures to get the best output of your Raw files.
Frequently Asked Questions
v What separates LSM from other workshops?
- It’s the time and attention we put into each workshop to see that you have the most amazing experience of a lifetime. The course content is thoroughly discussed and then finalized just before the workshop keeping in mind the skill levels of the participants. The mentors have years of experience in their respective fields and spend considerable time and effort to ensure that the content is easy to understand and pertinent to your needs.
v What can I expect to learn on your workshop?
- Light or the Use of the External Flash
- Basics of Flash
- What’s in My Bag?
- Secrets of On-camera Flash
- Secrets of Off-Camera Flash
- Using Flash with the Ambient Light
- Tips & Tricks
Science or Understanding the Nature of Light
- What is light?
- Types of Light
- Sources of Light
Magic or the magic of Lightroom for post-processing your pictures
- Digital Workflow
- Studio Background
- White Balance
- Basic Panel
- Special effects & Presets
- Skin corrections
- 6 deadly PP sins
v When is the workshop being held?
- Sunday, 9 June 2013 from 9.00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
v Where is the workshop being held?
- The workshop will be held at a studio near Andheri. Final details will be intimated a week before the workshop.
v How much does it cost to be a part LSM?
- Your investment for the workshop will be Rs 2,000 inclusive of guidance by the mentors, course materials, a working lunch & tea/coffee.
v How can I pay for your workshop?
- Cheques payable to “Debi Sen Gupta” can be deposited at any branch or drop-box of Citibank. If you are depositing at a drop-box, please ensure that it’s meant for bank accounts and not for credit card payments. Also mention the account number at the back of the cheque.
- A direct transfer can be done to the bank as per following details:
- Account Name: Debi Sen Gupta
- Bank: Citibank
- Account Number: 5249603114
- Branch: Fort, Mumbai
- IFSC Code: CITI0100000
v Do you offer any discounts? Can we book as a group?
- We are offering an early bird discount of 10% if you pay by 15 May 2013. Group booking will receive a discount depending on the size of the group. Please talk to us for more details.
v Do I absolutely need to bring a laptop with me? What about Lightroom?
- A laptop is important for the Lightroom module as you can practice what’s being demonstrated immediately. In case you can’t carry a laptop, please take extensive notes.
- If you are carrying a laptop, please load it with the Lightroom 4. A trial version valid for 30 days can be downloaded at the Adobe website.
v What if I don’t know very much about Flash or Lightroom?
- A basic knowledge of the use of a DSLR camera is essential for this course. Our workshops include photographers with varied experience, which makes the workshops more interesting and rewarding. The less you know, the harder we work. You’ll even be surprised how much you will learn from other students who are attending as well.
We hope this was helpful.
Please email us or call Debi Sen Gupta ( firstname.lastname@example.org + 91 98190 00347) or Anil Fernandes ( email@example.com +91 98205 34838) if you have any further questions. We will be happy to assist you. To find out more about us please check out http://www.anilfernandes.co.in/ and http://wp.me/3eYZe.
We look forward to seeing you at Light, Science & Magic!